1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from Bay Area - Prius II

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ram_prius, Jan 2, 2011.

1. ram_prius

ram_prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought a Prius II a couple of days ago. Wanted a second car and Prius seemed like a good option with the mpg and standard features. Was initially concerned abt not having enough space, but the Prius is roomy and has good boot space. Its also a really stylish sedan.
    Had a questions for some of the members. When i bought the Prius, i got suckered into a $670 maintenance plan (4 years/45000 miles). But then later i saw in an ad and in the, toyota was offering complimentary 2 years/25000 miles (toyota care) for all newly bough toyota cars. But the dealer never mentioned anything about this. So i am not sure if the $670 was for the extra 2 years/20000 miles or did i get into a bad deal.
    Also i paid $2200 for a extended warranty of 10 years/120000 miles. Not sure if that was worth it either.

- Ram

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard Ram! Sit back and enjoy the ride.

I would think that the maintenance plan could be canceled without any penalty. Just read the fine print.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello RAM, well if you got bumper to bumper coverage of 10 years and 120000 miles, you should be set for the next 7+ years, well dependig on the actual milage you drive a year. The best I could get was 7/70k.
    Welcome to da group!