1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from Cali

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MidnightSun, Mar 18, 2015.

1. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a while and reading up on lots of good information. Bought my 2006 from my brother back in November 2012 with 163k miles. Currently at 210k miles. He was the original owner and took excellent care of it. Some mods he did are in-dash Navigation, leather seat covers, iPod connector, EV switch and window deflectors. I’m sure there are small stuffs he did that I’m forgetting.

I drove it from New York back to San Francisco in 3 days. Most reliable and least required maintenance car I’ve ever owned. I put 47k miles on it in 2.5 years that I’ve had it. Car is still on original motor, battery pack, CV boots and brake pads.

I sold my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner shortly after I acquired the Prius. I need to tow my motorcycles to the tracks so I installed tow hitch and rear spring helper. Rear is still too soft even with the spring helper.

Here are some pictures…….

-Tim

Prius.jpg 2015-01-19 19.41.13.jpg Kendon.jpg

Burna J likes this.
  2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Welcome! You are really putting that Prius to the test. 250k+ miles now and towing! nice.. Looks like it's squatting pretty good. I bet you're pretty close to class III limit?

YSR! cool.. I had a few of those when I was younger.

When did the come out with NSR decals for that? or did they come out with a new model?

MidnightSun likes this.
  3. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the welcome. It currently has 210k miles. Sorry about the confusing post. Hitch is 1-1/4 Class I. Yes, rear is squatting too much even with Sumo spring helper. I should've looked into airbag suspension before I bought Sumo.

The mini bike is grey market Honda NSR50. Same size as YSR50 but with water-cooled engine and 6 speed gearbox.

4. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    nice.. they were fun.. Just saw one advertired on CL's..

MidnightSun likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    love the trailer, all the best!(y)

MidnightSun likes this.
  6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Nice mods! That's a good load for prius trailering. You may want to check out any of several data monitoring tools.

[​IMG]

The search engine can be your friend
    :)
    This is an example of gen II monitoring hardware - but it's available for the Gen III as well. Pulling a large load - especially on a grade on warm/hot days can quickly overheat your inverter. It's good to see how warm your temps might be.
    Welcome to your new, "non-lurker" status

#6 hill, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    MidnightSun likes this.