1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from L.A. ...Lower Alabama!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by FlyboyTR, Nov 23, 2010.

1. FlyboyTR

FlyboyTR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Greetings from L.A. …Lower Alabama.

I have been absorbing as much information as possible from this site over the past several months. We have now purchased our first Prius. 2006 with 75,000 miles, green color. First Question…Are there any “non-dealer†Prius mechanics/shops around the Mobile, AL area?

The first order of business in to purchase a second key remote, program it according to what I’ve learned here and then locate a set of factory seat covers.

My wife totaled out her Honda Insight two weeks ago:eek:…and so that started the push to make a change. So far…we have been pleased with our purchase and I am now considering selling my 06 Jetta TDI and getting my own Prius!

I know that I will have many questions as I encounter things I don’t understand about the Prius. I have been impressed with the knowledge base on this site and the “overall†lack of flaming between hard-core forum users (for me...that can really take the fun out of a Forum!). Thanks for this great Forum and I look forward to continuing to learn and participating where appropriate.

FlyboyTR:)

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy your ride!

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome, ah, don't know about shops around Mobile. Heard key replacements can be $$.

Ummm, GT seat covers are probably the most factory or OEM like, but remember, you can get by without seat covers (well, at least if you're a clean freak like me who never eats while driving. I expressly forbid messy food strewn around my car).

:D

4. FlyboyTR

FlyboyTR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the welcomes! Glad to be here. In the past few days I have learned a lot about the Prius...sort of has a mind of it's own! :) I had taken a look at the GT covers...but found a dealer removed set (changed to leather) and have ordered them. I'll post how that change goes!

Thanks again!

FlyboyTR :)