1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie - From Maxima to Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chett, Aug 4, 2006.

1. chett

chett New Member

Hi Ya'll. I'm a newbie to Priuschat. I love all the great information. We received our 06 Prius after only 3 weeks. It has been a great ride. DH thought I would never be able to leave my beloved Maxima, but I have fallen in love again. The Prius is my new baby! I love it. Learning alot. Trying to learn how to glide. DH has it down and is very good. I think he gets a bit angry that when I drive it I am ruining our MPG average :blink:
    Have one question. I think I read in one post that one can purchase a screen protector?

Thanks for all the information.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Glad you are enjoying the Prius. It is a lot of fun learning this car.

There are a couple of hoods available that shade the top of the MFD screen from the sun, is that what you were referring to?

One is available from Robin ([email protected]). I want one too but she only accepts payment through paypal and I'm paranoid about them.

There is another kind that may be available through some Southern California dealers that is made of PVC plastic, I don't know how to order that one.

3. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i heard there were screen protectors but i also heard that they sucked

4. marjam

marjam Member

Welcome to PriusChat and your wonderful new car. I have not gotten the screen shield and no of no such thing as a screen protector. You're going to love the car!

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Funny I went from a maxima to a prius as well... never reallu looked back... we'll I liked the umph of the bose stereo system (MUCH more bass).

The Prius is a much more interesting car

6. esskay

esskay Junior Member

I think she is talking about a screen protector film like you might put on a Treo's touch screen.

From what I've read, just getting a good microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe down the display seems to be a good route.

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There are several companies that sell LCD screen protectors for the MFD. LCD Protector.com is just one and Sigma Automotive is another. They generally cost between $10 and $20.

I had one for about a day or so. I never could get it on just right and was always ending up with either a bubble or a piece of dirt on the screen. In addition, when I wore my sunglasses I saw a rainbow pattern when I looked at the MFD. You may do better than I did.

8. chett

chett New Member

Thanks for all the ideas. I don't think the screen protector sounds all that good. I like the microfiber idea.

Chris

9. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have both a protector and a hood. The hood is the best investment - keeps the sun off of the display.

tumbleweed,
    open a debit account (one that can not be overdrawn), put in $10 then tied it to a PayPal account.
    When you want to buy something put in just enough money to cover the cost of a purchase and immediately pay for the object you wish to buy. In that way your account will normally be hold about $10 so that is all that can be lost if your account is robbed.