1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JimMedill, Feb 27, 2008.

1. JimMedill

JimMedill New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi From Nova Scotia.
    First day on this Forum and second month with a 2008 Prius. (A Blue one)

I have wanted a Prius for the last four years and maybe after over 45 years of driving the 32 vehicles I have owned this will be the one I hang onto for a few years.

Befor retiring in 2006 I was putting over 800K a week on my Impala and paterned my driving to squeeze as many MPG out of my car as I could. The Prius opens up a whole new dimension in saving gas.

I love how the CVT combined with the regenerative braking keeps my cruse control right on target even on most hills. It would be great though if Toyota could program the cruse control to increase the regenerative breaking on steep down hills to hold the selected speed. Some variable version of their (B) Engine braking function should be applied as required. I guess thats what 30 years of driving prairie highways with cruse control has done to me. Even after retiring to hilly Nova Scotia I can't leave my cruse off.

It's also interesting to hear that others are having trouble filling their gas tanks. My problem on my third fill was with the automatic shut off not working. I never left the pump so all I put on the ground was 2 litres.

This will be a great forum for me and I look foreward to the many
    interesting threads.

Regards;
    Jim M :rolleyes:

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congrats and welcome to Priuschat. Lots of great info and and helpful people here. Enjoy your ride.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome!

I haven't had a problem with auto shut-off but I have a 2005.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Jim, welcome to PriusChat! It's a great car and the more you learn about it, the more amazing it becomes! I, too, wish that Toyota made a smart or expert cruise control, with greater range to slow down and speed up. I also wish you could disengage the fake auto-tranny drag. It would be great to take your foot off the go pedal on level ground and not slow down so fast.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Hi Jim, Ken Hill, my brother (now in his 60's ... WOW) moved to NS around the late 70's ... though he was born/bread in the surfing areas of So Cal. Talk about a different life style! I always enjoy seeing all the copper green roofs.

6. Cam

Cam New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey Jim,

I'm living in Nova Scotia as well. I'm wondering what Toyota Dealership you dealt with? Also what model did you buy, and if you don't mind answering did the dealer negotiate on the price with you? Are you happy with it still?

Thanks,

Cam