1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from Sweden, about to get a used Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Sethp, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Sethp

Sethp New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Its been a bit of a ride, i've checked out other dealerships The first car I was interested in had an odometer that had been tampered with, thanks for that car fax!

After that i decided to buy a used one at a Toyota dealership. The local dealership only has 2012's with very low milage and beyond our budget so we have to go out of town.

The second car was a 2010 within our price range, was sold just minutes after I called the dealership.
    The third was an 07' I made multiple calls, tried to get a date where we could have a look at it plan was to go there last monday and it turns out it was sold after the salesperson I'd been in contact with had left for the day.

Today another dealer not that far from home has a 07 for sale, lower price but higher milage 110.000 miles

Hopefully its still there in the morning.

*Edited grammar.

#1 Sethp, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They go quick here in the US too but not that quick. Good luck on your search.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! sounds like a prius is a good investment in sweden, all the best with your search!(y)

4. Sethp

Sethp New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just did a little math it turns out that the price per gallon is roughly $8 in Sweden, so a car with low gas consumption is a plus.

5. Sethp

Sethp New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's done! here's the beauty! Two owners, full service book. winter tires included.

There was another buyer that called after us and was willing to fly down to the south of Sweden where the car is to buy it. Just have to get all the bank paperwork done and we won't get a garage until July 1st so we'll pick it up then.

Attached Files:

#5 Sethp, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    usnavystgc likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    beautiful, congrats! you have winter in sweden?:cool:

7. Sethp

Sethp New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been almost a month now since we got it. Made a trip to my dad where we didn't use the GPS directly from the apartment on to the freeway so we took a bit scenic route detour. 45 minutes late :) our budget is about 75 dollars a month on gas. But there's no way we'll reach those amounts. Bear in mind the huge price difference between gas in Sweden and the US

8. Sethp

Sethp New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've fixed that car model now, I registered here before I knew what Prius we were getting :)

Me and my girlfriend managed to get scared half to death last weekend. When riding on the freeway we heard a melodic "ding ding ding" sound that sounded like a car could do if it wanted to warn you. No lights were glowing on the dash. After a little bit of thinking I realised that it was my bluetooth aux dongle placed in the arm rest that was indicating it was running low on battery.:whistle: