1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie here, Hello!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by h2photo, May 5, 2007.

1. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    my names Holly & I'm from Chandler, AZ. My husband & I recently bought (him) a black 07 Prius Package #2. He absolutely loves it, as do I! He has a 70+ mile commute, so the Prius was the obvious choice. He's only had it since the 1st of April, but already has 1500miles & is loving the 62mpg he's gotten so far.

I currently drive a mustang, but am putting it up for sale to get myself a Prius. It's got much more room than the Mustang, so I'll be able to carry work gear & our Golden Retriever. This is a great site to have stumbled upon! Especially since I think we got RAPED on our extended warranty through the dealer. I'm tempted to wait to see what the 08's look like, but I don't want to wait that long :lol:

Can't wait!!!

2. PHanna

PHanna Junior Member

Welcom Holly and Hubby,
    I bought mine last Monday, and also love it. I live in Atlanta, GA, but needed to be in Virginia today to pick my son up from college. On the forum I read about a Meet Up (Rally) organized by a couple of guys in the Richmond VA area. It was only an hour or so out of my way, so I attended this morning. It was very helpful to meet others who have had the car awhile and learn from them. There is a driving technique that I'll bet your husband and you will want to learn. It is called Pulse and Glide. You can do a search and learn about it.

I got 45.9 MPG per the MFD (Multi Function Display) for both my first and second tanks. This included city driving, but mostly hwy at 80MPH. At the very end of my second tank, this morning, I attended the first ever Richmond, VA Prius rally at Haley Toyota, organized by JimBok and Skwyre7. Both these guys taught the other attendees how to P&G. I learned from JimBok and filled up and drove to Charlottesville, VA this afternoon. Using the P&G method, I averaged 72.3 MPG!!!!! This was highway driving, but at 45 to 55 MPH. P&G and slower speeds works great.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    h2photo, welcome to PriusChat! It sounds like your hubby is already doing P&G! Black is a great color, but I bet it's hot in AZ! If you need a sun shade, look in the Prius Accessories link at the top of the page.

There's a ton of information here, and the Search link is your friend! Feel free to ask questions, though, since the searches are erratic. I hope you can get your own Prius soon, so you can be a two Prii family.

4. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Welcome Holly! Sounds like your hubby is already well informed if he is getting that kind of milage from the start.

As Bill mentioned browse around if you haven't already there is quite of bit of terrific information around the board.

As for your second prius don't wait! There does not look to be any changes in the model year 2008, so go for it now!

5. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Hi Holly , Glad to hear about the good news of Prius ownership and possibly a second.
    My wife and I are from Phx. and moved to a little more greener area, Missouri.
    But I miss the desert beauty but I know I dont miss the heat.

I would suggest the Super white or Bright white what ever Toyota calls it but myself I think white is boring we had all white vehicles when we lived in AZ. Now have the Barcelona Red Metalic and love it. So I can understand not wanting white.
    Anyway enjoy the new prius and hope you get your very own. Have fun!!!!

6. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Hubby read all about P&G before we even got the Prius. When I get mine, it won't be white. I'm leaning towards the Magnetic Grey, which is the same color as my mustang, I just love that color!

I found out yesterday that my car needs new tires, so thats $500 I'm waiting to put towards the new prius! I'm so happy to have found this board! But I've been getting error messages on most threads I've tried to open. THanks for the warm welcomes!