1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie here..

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dolfanpete, Sep 7, 2012.

1. dolfanpete

dolfanpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i just purchased a Prius C 1 and I am really liking it! I only have 36 miles on it. I am coming from a GMC Yukon XL....talk about a big difference. But, i was tired of losing at the gas station. and not being able to go any where was killing us! What a breath of fresh air!

A couple of questions.

actuall just one for now.

I noticed that when i started to drive it, while keeping an eye on the ODO...not on the trip meter a or b, when ever i turn the car off lets say, and then get back in the mpg always is really low like at 0.0 then gradually goes up. Is there a way to make it show what mpg i actually have as accrued ongoing? or will it always be like that?

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the savings. Not sure how the c is setup so I can't answer your question.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think your not reading the meters right. Your in the wrong mode. Have seen this before here. Hard to explain easier to read in your owners manual.

4. chicagoaficionado

chicagoaficionado Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Your ODO reading is just from the start of that trip: from turn on to turn off. It will start low always (try to link your trips for best mpgs). The readout when you turn the car off will be the same as your ODO reading. Your trip A and B tell you MPG for however long you have set them for. I use my A for new tanks of gas. B for long trips with stops. Have fun with your new c!

5. dolfanpete

dolfanpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for all the replies! I didn't get home until almost ten after a 12 hour shift from work so I didn't have time to look at the manual. I will definitely be looking at it today! I guess it'll get a little getting used to. I really want to see how many miles I can go on a full tank! I hope at least 400.