1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

newbie - lights on MFsteering wheel controls and radio don't wotk

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bridget, Oct 12, 2009.

1. bridget

bridget New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello everyone.

Just bought a 2007 Gen II.

Car has 52K Miles with a T6 package.

The lights on the MF steering wheel and the radio section do not light up - instrument panel and MFD is fine.

Tried the dimmer switch to resolve the problem - but that does not make a diff.

Any advice is most appreciated.

Also I need to get a new SKS key fob and program. Any resources in the Chapel Hill/Raleigh/Durham area is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm sorry to report but just like my 2009 there is no adjustment...2010 change to a display :(

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The lights on the steering wheel buttons are very dim and only visible in the dark. As for getting a new SKS fob, your only choice is a Toyota dealer. They can program the car to accept the new fob. Don't buy an SKS fob from eBay. It will not work as a fully functional SKS fob. Only new fobs can be acceptable to the car. The car is programmed, not the fob.

4. bridget

bridget New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Many thanks for the advice.

My local dealers have quoted $195 for the fob and $92 to program.

Found this on the web - anyone know of them?

ikeyless.com

5. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually your dealer price isn't too bad. I've seen prices much higher on other posts. Believe me, the dealer is your only option for a fully functional SKS fob.

6. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From what I've read here, the best resource for the SKS key is a dealer... unfortunately. And you closest dealer is likely Mark Jacobson on 15/501. We took a test drive there, but OY the prices. They had used 08's going for 1500 less than a new 2010 package II. With 50k miles on the 08! The only thing I can figure with them is they offer a dealership for life program on used auto's (some kind of warranty coverage for as long as you own the car), but it wasn't worth that kind of inflated price. Maybe it's something as simple as a blown fuse?