1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Magnetic Gray NY

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wayside, Aug 19, 2008.

1. wayside

wayside New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey guys, just picked up my new ride this morning. There was no way I was waiting until after work, 2 1/2 months was long enough.

I had told the dealer I would take whatever car came along. I couldn't believe it when he called me to offer the Magnetic Gray package 3 which is the car I would have chosen for sure.

This site is great, I have been trolling since I placed the order.

I was able to get the car for MSRP which is great, especially considering the HOV benefit here on Long Island.

Already have an appointment to get the windows done, wonder what will be next :)

2. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :cheer2: Congratulations :cheer2:

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome and congrats Wayside.

Besides the CleanPass HOV stickers, your Prius is eligible for both the Port Authority and Thruway Authority's "Green Pass" E-ZPass which can get you even bigger discounts on the Port Authority bridge and tunnel crossings and the New York State Thruway, and which comes in a cool green colored transponder/tag instead of that boring white one.

4. wayside

wayside New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks guys.

Boo, didn't know about the green ez pass tag.
    I'll have to swap out my 'boring white one' :)

Funny that they bothered to make them a different color, when I got the tag for my motorcycle it was the same as the white tag with a big M plate on the back?

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, colored E-ZPasses!

The Green Pass is the best. You can pick up the E-ZPass application online, and check off the discount programs you want and are eligible for. For both the Port Authority's and the Thruway Authority's Green Pass programs, you also have to submit a copy of your registration.

My sister who works for a city in New Jersey, gets a blue colored tag for her New Jersey government car.

The other day I saw two New York registered cars with orange colored tags. One of them had clergy and/or government plates, the other had New York City Fire Department plates.

6. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Come on, Georgia! Get with it! :usa2: