1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie- Ok it may be a silly question but..

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dixiepeep, Apr 18, 2008.

1. dixiepeep

dixiepeep New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just purchased a 2008 Prius. I knew I wanted a Prius and this one was the only one on the lot so I bought it. How do you know what package you have? I spent four hours at the dealership but I can't remember what number package I have. I hate to ask but I am a newbie. :grouphug:

2. Austin50mpg

Austin50mpg Prius Driving Right Winger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The packages and options should be listed on the window sticker which the dealer should have placed in your glove box.

Otherwise go here

Toyota Prius - 2008 Options and Packages

and match what you have to what is available.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. dixiepeep

dixiepeep New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer did provide you with both the owner's manual and the scheduled maintenance guide, right? (Not an answer to your original question, but if you don't have the documents which tell you which package you got then you may also not have received other stuff.)

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Your package 2 was 2006's package 4. You'll be happier as the FE improves over time as you learn how to drive more efficiently.:)

Pick up a brochure and keep the window sticker in it to document your car. As things change over time I find it interesting to look back & see how things used to be.

7. dixiepeep

dixiepeep New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree. I found the sticker. I should not have been getting a divorce and buying a car at the same time. We worked it all out so now I can focus on the car issues. I went from a no bells or whistles van to the Prius so it has been really different. My favorite thing is passing by the gas stations!!!!!;)

8. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome dixie. I think you'll find that the package 2 is a perfect compromise between utility, reasonable cost, and yet still has loads o' goodies compared to most cars out there. You can always add aftermarket nav and bluetooth if you feel you need it. Congratulations on the new car......but sorry about the divorce.

9. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If you still don't know by now what package your Prius has...just give your sales representative a quick jingle.

Congrats and enjoy saving gas.