1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Owner Coolant Flow Valve Position Sensor Circuit Stuck

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Ampudia, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Peter Ampudia

Peter Ampudia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I bought a 2007 Prius 2 months ago and about a month ago I got an error code with the Coolant Control Valve Position Sensor Stuck. At first my engine light would blink off and on daily, then it came on solid after a few days.. I checked the code at an Auto Zone. I have been poking around the site and I have checked the coolant levels and they are all fine. I was actually going to get it fixed within the next week or two and today when I got the oil changed, the light went off. I called and verified that the oil change didn't include any radiator checks or checking the coolant levels. Do you know why this could've happened?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Perhaps the shop did a code clear because they didn't want to return a car to you with warning lights on, and now you will have to be content with memories of your warning light, until the exact detection conditions for turning it on have recurred.