1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Prius Cabbie Here!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PinkPrius, Aug 30, 2012.

1. PinkPrius

PinkPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    dcp2.jpg dcp3.jpg dcp1.jpg
    Hello all! I'm brand new to Prius Chat and thought I'd stop by and say hi! *wave*

I signed up for this forum not because I actually own a Prius (I actually own a Chevy Lumina), but because I drive a Prius taxi cab :p Totally serious! And so while I don't own it, I drive it 12 hours a night 5 nights a week....so might as well learn all I can about it and how to take care of it right?

When I orginially started driving the Prius cab I admit up until that point I thought Prii were quite frankly...ridiculous. :oops: I didn't understand the hype at all. But now that I drive one on the regular I just love this car and would like to own one in the future for myself!:love: I have driven models from 2006-2010. My cab is a 2009 Prius.

Can't wait to learn all I can! I have always been a Toyota fan in general, and now the Prius has won me over.

Here's pics of the 2010 I drove all week. My 2009 will be given to me tomorrow. :)

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome... You have valuable experience of what kind of extreme limits a Prius can handle...

We've many questions for you...

--What part of taxi driving a Prius puts the most stress on the car?
    --Are you able to watch MPG readings while driving? If so when is it highest? When is it lowest?
    --Do you benefit financially when you save gas, as opposed to not caring and driving fast? Or both? :)
    --What kind of warning signs have you noticed when a Prius is about to break down on you?
    --Does driving the car fully loaded change the car's ability to function moderately or extremely?
    --What's your MPG on a good day?
    --What's your MPG on a bad day?

PinkPrius likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh yea...

What do you like most about the 2010?

vs.

What do you like most about the 2009?

4. PinkPrius

PinkPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

JimboPalmer and PriusCamper like this.
  5. PinkPrius

PinkPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2009: storage/cupholders. It has more "hiding places" for money:p Also like the touch screen to manage the AC/Audio/etc.

2010: styling, different driving modes, driving position is more comfy for a tall person like me who is 6ft.

PriusCamper likes this.
  6. Tim Bender

Tim Bender Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    assuming you came from a Panther platform Ford, do you find the reduced cargo space of the Prius a challenge for picking up fares, especially those going to/from an airport? What other compromises are made compared to the more traditional taxi vehicles?

7. PinkPrius

PinkPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I never drove the Crown Vic taxis, so I can't compare. However the Prius seems to have more than enough room for my airport passengers' luggage.

The only other downside of a Prius cab is that you can fit 3 adults in the backseat, but it's not as spacious back there as a Crown Vic or similar vehicle (our company still has a few CVs in their fleet so I've seen them, but their on the way to retirement after this fall.)