1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Prius owner (also new to forum)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cary1952, Mar 18, 2006.

1. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yesterday I purchased a 2006 Prius Black with #8 package (leather/nav). It was on the lot and available because someone had cancelled an order. I live in South Dakota and would love to be in touch with other Prius owners in the area. I would also appreciate some tips on how to get the most out of gas mileage. I am reading some of the forums, but do not understand some of the terminology. Hopefully I will hear back from some people, and/or try to read more.

Cary in South Dakota

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I was cruising the threads and came across this one, unresponded-to.

First, Welcome to PriusChat!

And congratulations on your Prius---the non-stretch limo edition!

If you click on the Member Map (top of "home" page), you'll see that there's only one other S. Dakotan who put himself/herself on the map. There are probably a few other actual members who haven't bothered with the map, but not many. And look at your sister state to the north! :eek:

Hopefully, you've had time now to fool around with the search feature: there's no shortage of advice on maximizing MPG here. If there's something you don't understand, or you want follow-up explanation on something, please post and we'll see if we can confuse you further. :p

Your beautiful state is one of my favorites. I first visited Wall Drug and the Badlands in the late 60's. Thirty years later, my kids picked up discarded, multi-colored corn when the folks in Mitchell put up new corn on the Palace. And your summer thunderstorms are awesome!

3. Andra2000

Andra2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four