1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie question: adding nav receiver to Prius II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by macdot, Nov 17, 2010.

1. macdot

macdot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm by no means versed any much car anything. However, I have tinkered with computers and other electronics, so I'm not completely in the dark about what I'm asking.

Is there a starter guide to replacing the Prius II's stock stereo with a navigation system? I know it's possible, but I want to be sure to retain all the non-radio functionality, steering wheel controls and probably other things that I'm forgetting about.

Also, in regards to satellite radio... I have a separate kit since I use it at home and in the car. I know the Prius is wired for XM, is there any chance when I do the stereo install that I'll be able to connect the antenna to my car dock?

Thanks!!

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    See the link below:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...-another-rosen-navigation-system-install.html

If you think that you can follow these pictures, then you probably could install a new radio/nav unit.

Keith :welcome:

1 person likes this.
  3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base