1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bpollard, Jul 15, 2009.

1. bpollard

bpollard Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just took my G3 IV for its first long drive today. I am still on my first (1/4) of a tank that I got it with when I picked it up from the dealer.
    Everyone writes about the mileage they are averaging... how do they get a definitive number? I can see the bar graph, how many miles I have driven on trip A, or B. but where am I missing the average MPG? and it is based solely on Trip A vs B, or since i started the car?

2. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not all the display modes show the mpg. Put your trip on A and then change the display mode to the bar graph.

BTW didn't it say on the window sticker that you were supposed to get a full tank of gas?
    G

3. bpollard

bpollard Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you - I will try it on my way home.
    They gave me a gas card - which he said is actually a better deal beccause it will give me ~1.5 tanks of gas, so he says.

4. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Your welcome. I went and checked and only the Consumption screen (bar graph) and the Hybrid System Indicator show the average MPG. The past record, energy monitor (probably the one you are viewing with the energy arrows), and the settings screen don't have the avg mpg.

G