1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Questions on my new to me 2015 Prius C One

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Zyod Wheeler, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Zyod Wheeler

Zyod Wheeler New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Hi All

Had 2008 regular Prius, so I am a bit familiar with the Prius family. However, a few things I can't tell. I have to say the whole model level thing is pretty annoying. Mine shows up as a One, but - it has a backup camera. Was that standard ? Is it an option ? It looks like it was only offered on much higher trim levels.

Also, I have 6 speakers, (tweeter and large bass on each door front, oval large spear each door rear)
    But head unit is not the fancy one with apps. Supposedly the One model has just four speakers - So I don't understand what sound system I have.

Also- I searched but could not find current info on software updates. On the radio display, I see a software update function, but - first it has no current version, and secondly, shows no update history. Are there updates ?

Thanks for any info on this.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You may have a grill in the rear doors, but that doesn't mean there are actually speakers in them. Open the car door with the radio on and see if you can hear sound from the speaker. If you have speakers, that doesn't mean that you don't still have the 1. If you were not first owner, someone could have added them pretty easily. If you are the first owner, that's a different story.

Not sure about the backup camera. I know the 4 had it standard in 2015, but I want to say that 2016 is when all levels got it.

Do you have cruise control? Does your rear seat have a 60/40 split?

3. Zyod Wheeler

Zyod Wheeler New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Hi

Thanks for reply.

No 60\40 split on back seat. No cruise control, push to start or - worst of all, no opening car with key in pocket. I really liked that feature on my old 2008 fully loaded Prius.

I did not really really check the output in the back, I did try the audio settings where you can change left right and front to back, and it seemed there was sound in the back. I'll have to actually get out and listen with the door open to see.

Just kind of odd to have two half a**ed upgrades.

4. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Backup camera can be purchased from a Toyota dealer and installed. My C is a 2016 and it wasn't standard.

5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe the previous owner was half blind and half deaf. Liked to see behind them better and hear the music in surround. :D

dubit likes this.
  6. Zyod Wheeler

Zyod Wheeler New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Well ztanos, you called it. There are no speakers in the rear, just grills. I'll open them at some point to see if there is a wiring harness.

I live in south florida so today I get to see how well Priuses float. (I should be ok, out of storm surge expected area)

ztanos likes this.
  7. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Be safe. Even the safe areas are going to be windy.