1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jabecker, Apr 2, 2012.

1. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I traded in a 2005 Prius with the navigation package on a new 2012 Prius Four with the Solar Moonroof. I really love it, but I'm finding the voice command very different from the old one, and there are a few questions I can't find an answer to in the owner's manual or the nav manual.

Is there some way to make the guidance less... chatty? I really don't need endless repetitions of "wait for the beep," etc. I get it. How do I shut it up? I promise to wait for the beep all by myself without prompting. :D

My old Prius had voice commands "suspend guidance" and "resume guidance" but I can't find anything similar in the new one. I really liked those commands because I could set the guidance up when I left town, pause it while I was in areas that I'm familiar with, and start it up again when needed.

When I ask it to find POI categories, is there a way to show icons on the map instead of listing them? That's what my old one did and that was way more convenient. I don't want to look at a list while I'm driving, or mess around with trying to find the right POI category.

How do I make a screen other this the map the default screen? Or, even better, how do I get it to just stay on the last screen I displayed? I've gone through the index in the manual and looked in what seemed to be the relevant places, but darned if I can find this.

Any help is appreciated! I took it for a nice long spin today and I really love it. But these few little things bugged me.

2. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It appears from reading posts here and over in the Club Lexus forums that sometime in the last couple of years or so the Toyota/Lexus software engineers have made some poor choices regarding the NAV firmware.

2013 Lexii NAV = Bad, Bad, Bad!!! | PriusChat

The 800# for Lexus Customer Service is 1-800-255-3987
    The 800# for Toyota Customer Service is 1-800-331-4331

Hopefully with enough targeted complaints the "Suspend Guidance", "Resume Guidance" and muting of guidance during phone calls will return in the next firmware release.

Ohhh for those of you getting lost while making a phone call please try leaving your map screen up and follow the turns displayed on it. Or if you have a HUD follow the turns there. These should still be available while on the phone. If not add it to the list of fixes for the next firmware release. Kind of sad that our almost decade old NAV's in Ema and Myrtle are more user friendly than the 2013 revision.

Happy driving,
    Chris