1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie to forum with a P0A93 code

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Patrickjorgensen, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Patrickjorgensen

Patrickjorgensen New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm a newbie to any forum, but have had my 2006 Prius since it was new. I had the dashboard light up like a christmas tree yesterday! I checked the code and it was P0A93. I shut it off and let it cool, and most of the lights on the dash went away. I put it in ready and lifted the hood to check if there was any turbulance in the inverter coolant, there was. Haven't found any advice as to where to go from here. Can you help?

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am a newbie also, however I did find this link that should help you. As per Patrick Wong - Post #2, this is what he said.

DTC P0A93 "Inverter Cooling System Performance". This is telling you that the inverter has overheated.

Here is the link, and I hope it helps you!

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/91146-P0A93-code.html

Also, welcome to PC! :welcome:

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Was the reservoir full? Anyway, go ahead and take it in to a dealer for free replacement, unless they have already done that for you in the past 9 months.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ditto that. You should have received a letter from Toyota within the last year about their free replacement for the inverter coolant pump, but don't worry, you don't need the letter.