1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie to Forum

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tntna, Nov 20, 2004.

1. tntna

tntna New Member

Your forum, welcome.

We bought a new 05 tonight! :D Salsa Red. :oops: Six hours away from us. :( Closed tomorrow. :cry: Have to work Monday. :x Have to work on Tuesday :cussing: Vacation on Weds!! :mrgreen: Greyhound bus trip at 4:30am. :guns:

I've read a lot of the messages on the forum. Some of you are plain crazy. :D I'll likely fit in. Now I just have to get an EV button. 8)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! :multi:

3. tntna

tntna New Member

Thanks it's great to be here. (I just wanted to check the sig line)

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Uh Oh, looks like Mybrid's got a challenger for the "Emoticon Abuser" title!!

Welcome Thomas

5. tntna

tntna New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"51835)</div>
    Thanks! I'm not an emoticon abuser... got caught up in the moment and all those smiley thingys described how I felt just right like. :wink:

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :D CONGRATS...!!! What joys lie ahead for you..!!!

I'm a little afraid of the EV button and plan to avoid that modification for fear I could damage the traction (High Voltage) battery.

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    tntna, CONGRATS... welcome to the owners side... don't worry it'll be worth the wait...take it from all of us, who have gone thru that process..

here are 10 points to get you on your way... have a wonderful bus trip...

Bob Andersen

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I know your pain. :cry: I got my car 600 miles away and had to wait 2 weeks until I had enough time to go to Helena MT and drive back. I also spent some time with my son who goes to school there and did some fishing on the mighty MO. The wait was hell. :evil2: :flame: :evil2: but I survived and grew. :angel: :multi: :angel: You will get through this. Cold showers help. Long exhausting runs. Wine is good, Scotch is better. Down load the owners manual from the Toyota Tech site and commit it to memory. One last word of advice turn off the display on your drive home I almost lost it in McDonald pass looking at the display and not the road. The proverbial cliff on one side and a drop on the other. So turn it off and live. Congratulations :p

9. tntna

tntna New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas\";p=\"51851)</div>
    I'm going to use Nyquil to sleep at night. :) I almost bought from WA and had it transported but I got a little concerned about if the car arrived damaged who would accept liability. The dealer could always blame the transport co and they could blame the dealer. In any case, 12 hours on the road Weds will be the fun part. We already have one Prius so I'm used to the display. :) However, the 2001 doesn't have navigation... I'm going blind and trusting the nav computer to get me home. Might take weeks. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt\";p=\"51842)</div>
    Not to turn this into an unintentional EV Button thread, but I haven't read anyone having problems with the installation. Maybe I'll look around a little more to see if I can find horror stories, but I'll likely not get around to that little button for a year or so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"51844)</div>
    THANKS! as long as the bus driver doesn't have a heart attack all should be ok.

10. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tntna\";p=\"51856)</div>
    I've heard all the problems with getting it installed and working properly, but no problems with the vehicle after install at all.

I'll bet you 200 points you can't wait a full year to put your button in if you're already intigued.

11. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gosh, it's great to be in the company of such brilliant individuals and now we have another joining us. I think, for the first time in my young life, I do not have any second thoughts about making the PRIUS DECISION and I'm certain you will not either. With regards to adding modifications, IMHO, I would carefully study all the information you can gather here on this forum from previous posts and spend some valuable time with your new vehicle to completely understand it's capabilities, and perhaps it's few shortcomings, before jumping blindly into "look good, sound good" addons.
    Enjoy
    Gary :D
    PS I donate 30 points to get U on your way

12. tntna

tntna New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"51867)</div>
    Bet accepted. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Canuck\";p=\"51869)</div>
    What a nice thing to say especially for the young generation. :) The truth to the story is that we needed a new car now. My wife experienced the sudden unexpected acceleration issue when braking in our Rodeo. NHTSA has several reports but didn't notifiy owners. When I found out about the issue I told her we were getting rid of the Rodeo. We already had a 2001 Prius which I reviewed carefully before buying. Nothing else had come out since that compares. But the wait. Couldn't do it. Had to have one now. Found this forum and PriusOnline and bought a car in two days. I agree about studying info before adding any mods, but the EV button intrigues me. Wife will never use it. :) The thing I didn't really like about the 2001 is that it kicked on the engine to move it out of the garage. :( Plus with it being OEM from Toyota, I don't see how it can void the warranty.

Thanks for the points. Other than giving them to each other are they good for anything? How many points needed for EV button? :lol:

Where'd my sig line go?

13. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    welcome aboard...what part of Ohio are you located in...we make trips to easton centre in columbus all the time...if you are close we can get together sometime...youll really love the car...well worth it...btw, there are prii sitting around on lots over here at FWA...welcome and have fun...

14. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thomas, The points are really just "feel good" things.. no actual value except what you place on them. Fun though.
    I agree with your thoughts on the EV button. Think I'll put one in however will also have to hide it from my wife. She climbed all over me the other day when I drove out of the local Safeway parking lot in stealth mode and almost plowed down a couple of folks who didn't hear me coming. :) or :(

15. tntna

tntna New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wb9tyj\";p=\"51926)</div>
    We're in Columbus. Drop us a note the next time you are coming over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Canuck\";p=\"51943)</div>
    Yeah, it would be controllable stealth mode. A guy I worked with liked to go to lunch with me when we first got the 2001 Prius. He'd lean out the window while we drove through the parking lot and when we passed someone, he'd say 'quiet car, isn't it?" Then there's driving away in stealth mode, people just can't fathom it. Then there's sitting at a red light on a warm day, windows down, and you realize in addition to air pollution, how much noise pollution vehicles make. :)

16. Andra2000

Andra2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    congrats :welcome: