1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie with a 4 day old 2008 Prius #6 here in Vancouver, WA

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by dlraab, Mar 5, 2008.

1. dlraab

dlraab New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello All,
    I am new to the list and to Prius ownership. I just bought my Prius Saturday. I got Base #6 Seaside Pearl, with the dark gray int. I am loving it so far, other than the MPG being a little low.

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Enjoy The Car First. Than work on the MPG.....
    Inflate tires to 42 front and 40 back.
    Coast to red lights. Try going 25 mph during the first 5 minutes.
    You'll catch on.........
    But for now just enjoy your new baby.
    Best of luck and wellcome to priuschat.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We are neighbors, as I live in Camas, WA. Bought my 2007 Silver Pine Mica pkg 5 Jan 2007 and perdict you will love your Prius more every day. THere is a break in period for the car and the tires. Mileage will improve on the tires at around 1000 miles, and the Hybrid Synergy Drive has a couple of different break in milestones where mileage will improve, not to mention MPG is typically higher in the summer.

There is a Portland HSD meetup group you can find at Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups! - Meetup.com if you want to meet a fine bunch of Prius lovers locally. The next meeting is Sat March 15 at MacMinimans in Troutdale.

Be sure to wave if you see a light green Prius with turn signals on the side mirrors and fog lights on by themselves as daylight running lights. Seems like I am up and down Mill Plane Blvd once in a while.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi dlraab, welcome to PriusChat! Yes, come join us next Saturday, the 15th. More info at PortlandHSD.info. PriusChat is a great place to learn.

5. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome!

My Magnetic Grey makes me smile. I've had it for a couple of months now and have learned ALOT of things from this website. I'm so glad I ran across it.

Enjoy your new car!