1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie with new HID head lights and fog lights, Sweet.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lgromachey, Feb 24, 2011.

1. lgromachey

lgromachey 125,000 and still going strong

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    About two weeks ago I installed the hidnation.com H4 BI-XENON HID kit in the 6000K color. I had the 9006 Sylvan halogen bulbs in it but they would burn out in about 6 months so I decided to go to the HID. WOW what a difference. I upgraded to the better slimline ballast for an additional $28.99 and bought the Lifetime Warranty for $19.99. So out the door including shipping and tax it was $164.96. The installation took only about 20 minutes. I was so impressed with the headlights the next day I ordered the HID fog light kit HN-9006 including the slim Ballast 6,000k color and the Lifetime warranty out the door for $101.96. This project was allot more involved since my car did not have fog lights. After two day's on the internet and looking at the service manual I tore into the job. They recommended removing the front bumper and the front grill ( I don't think that was necessary and it was quite time consuming for the first timer). Anyway with out going into the actual process I finished the installation in about 7 hours. (again it could have been reduces by about two hours without removing the front bumper). I ordered the Winjet OEM style fog light kit in clear from turnersdepot.com SKU# WJ30-0107-09 for $75.00 and the OEM lower outer grills with fog lamp holes code 53112-47030 53113-47030 from autopartscheaper.com for another $47.82 including shipping. To protect the fog light lense, I ordered the clear (40 mil fog light covers from lamin-x.com for an additional $14.95 plus shipping and handling.So all in all highly recommended upgrade, I also wired the fog lights so I can turn my headlights off and just run the fog lamps by them self's. Now instead of going thru $50.00 pare of Sylvania bulbs every 6 months, I have 300% more light better looking color and life time warranty. Sorry but this is my first post. Hope it is informative. Daylight at nighttime way coooool..

Burna J likes this.
  2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome to PriusChat. It's a lot of money to light up your path at night, but hey, drivers like this stuff; just not me. No reason for others not to see you at night rather than pull out in front of you.

3. dmf415

dmf415 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    how did you wire it splicing? or did it connect using the connectors?