1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TurkeyButt, May 12, 2007.

1. TurkeyButt

TurkeyButt New Member

Hi all,

I just thought I would introduce myself. I bought my Silver 07, pk#6 Prius just two days ago. LOVE IT! I am new to the Hybrid world but not to Toyota. I had a Tercel years ago and an Echo as well. I gave up my Jeep Liberty for my Prius though and don't plan on ever looking back.
    Anyway, I have Mudflaps and the floor mats so far. My plan is getting the Exactmatch mats though, and a DVD player... I have a three year old and take a lot of road trips since my husband is the Marine Corps.
    I have been lurking on your site for a few days now and your lingo is way beyond me! LOL Still though, I am glad to be apart of the board and the Prius world...

Thanks for having me...

TurkeyButt ... AKA Julie :D

2. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi TurkeyButt, welcome. Just so you know, I feel a little awkward calling someone I don't know TurkeyButt.

Enjoy your ride!

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TurkeyButt @ May 12 2007, 07:40 AM) [snapback]440479[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome. Check out the Acronyms & Abbreviations post above for starters. You'll find most everyone here really helpful. Thanks for joining.

4. TurkeyButt

TurkeyButt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robincx @ May 12 2007, 07:56 AM) [snapback]440483[/snapback]</div>

LOL, you can call me Julie... I call my daughter TurkeyButt!! :D

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TurkeyButt @ May 12 2007, 06:40 AM) [snapback]440479[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will catch on in no time.

6. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your Pri, JulieButt!!!

And this site is an awesome information resource.

7. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi Julie and welcome!

I, like you, traded in a Jeep Liberty for my Prius... AND mine is Silver Metallic too lol. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought that Liberty, I should have known better not to go back to buying American cars. I hated that Liberty and was so glad to dump it for a Prius only 2 years after purchasing it. This, however, is my first Toyota, I was a Nissan and Honda owner many years before the Liberty. Anyway, I absolutely love my Prius and we are thinking about buying another one!

One suggestion if you don't mind, I would immediately protect the front hood and bumper. You can purchase and have installed a clear bra by 3M or Venture Shield to protect it. I have found that to be my smartest investment. The aerodynamic design of the Prius makes it prone to picking up road debris and such. The clear bra is virtually invisible and will protect your paint from paint chips. I went with Venture Shield because it is guaranteed for as long as I own the vehicle. It only cost me $500 and I feel it was very well spent. My Prius continues to look like I just drove it off the dealers lot.

Good luck to you and hope to see you around! If you have any questions, this is a great place to ask!

8. TurkeyButt

TurkeyButt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ May 13 2007, 07:11 AM) [snapback]440994[/snapback]</div>

I traded in my Liberty at the 2 year mark as well. I could feel the American parts wanting to go to crapola soon... not to mention the cost of gas. I hate American cars, my husband picked out the Jeep because it had a 0 Percent APR. Whoopie... never again!!

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the advise! :)

Julie

9. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As you learn to drive it and as the car breaks in, you'll see higher mileage also.

10. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bhaynnes @ May 13 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]441087[/snapback]</div>

Julie, I inflated my tires to 42/40 and now I get easily 54mpg by just driving it. When I use my Pri driving techniques I easily get 64 mpg, and that includes plugging in the EBH.