1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by charliep, Aug 30, 2004.

1. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Hi All,
    I have been waiting on my #9 Salsa since April. I have been dealing with Sunnyvale Toyota. Steve over there has been wonderful. I have been to one of their seminars on the Prius. Due date hopefully October. I owned a 2001, but sold it. Long story. Great car. I already have been on this site gathering information about the 04. I think this a great site. I could have bought # 9 from another dealer several times, but wasn't willing (at least for me) to pay an extra $2500, plus I like the way Sunnyvale has been handling everything.

Charlie
    waiting for #9 Salsa

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well howdy do! :wave:
    Glad you've joined our little cult here.

To help you along your way, I've given you 20 points. And if you have to ask what the points are for I'm taking them Back.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome. This is a great spot. Lots of helpful folks around here. :mrgreen:

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Priuschat. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile!!!! :mrgreen:

5. jchu

jchu New Member

Or as Starbug (another member would say):

"I am dyslexic of Borg. Fusistence is retile. Your nice person will be laminated"

6. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome to Priuschat. I hope you've been learning some great things about this car, along with some oddities as well. You said you've been waiting since April for a #9 and that you could have bought one earlier but didn't want to put out the extra money: I don't blame you. I was offered a white #9 and a Silver #7 both for 3000 over MSRP but I declined. I test drove a white #9 in January, and loved the car, but I decided I could live without the talking GPS and a mirror with a garage door opener built in (have no garage).
    I ended up with a Seaside Blue #7 which is great for me. Whatever you end up with, this is an incredible car and I know you'll have no regrets. Keep us posted about your wait,and don't hesistate to put out a good word for your dealer in Sunnyvale for coming through for you. There are so many horror stories about dealers that it's always good to hear some pleasant experiences.
    Take care,
    Bob
    p.s. How was your 2001 Prius for reliability, etc?

7. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Hi Bob,
    The 2001 was great. The only problem I had was radio. It wasn't working properly. Brought it back to Sunnyvale Toyota and they fixed it in a day. They have a good Prius guy by the name of Ras (sp).

Charlie

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Welcome to the forum and i say this for all us and any future Prius owner in thanking you for not paying a premium for your car.

if there were more people like you, then maybe unscruplous dealers would stop trying to make money from the popularity of the Prius since in the long run, it only builds up resentment to the name.