1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

newbies- keep vent air flow unrestricted

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by krazypriuslady, Mar 20, 2012.

1. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Was researching a question I have about the rear hybrid battery and wanted to highlight the thread below at the same time.

My question is about the rear air vent on the rear passenger-side seat- I wanted to drive with both seats down all the time for the dog (she's small and would make a flat surface that's more stable and higher), but I guess that's not possible.

So tell me - can I do this: I usually drive from Wash DC to the Chicago (and back) area for vacations in the summer- obviously, it's hot. I'd have the AC on, but can I leave the seats down (vents blocked) for a 12-15 hour stretch?
    My guess is probably not.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...-dead-126000km-up-atleast-3-taxis-i-know.html

Anyway, since it's getting warmer out, I thought I'd highlight this vent for the newbie owners like me.

2. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You should be OK with the rear seats down as long as the vent is not blocked. Watch out for blankets or other clothing like materials that could block the vent.

1 person likes this.
  3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG]

The vent is not part of the seat that folds, so it should stay clear.

1 person likes this.
  4. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    thanks guys, I saw that belatedly. Anyway, it's good to know that it's an important vent to keep clear and clean

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    One thing to watch for, especially if your dog sheds, is that dog hair has been known to clog up the HV battery blower motor if enough accumulates around the vent.