1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newby installs Dice Silverline in 2005 and hooks up to iPhone

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by William Tell, Feb 1, 2010.

1. William Tell

William Tell New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just installed Dice Silverline in my very basic 2005 Euro model and hooked it up to my iPhone 3G. I followed instructions found on priuschat, and it was quite easy. Took a minute to find that one screw, and another minute to realize I needed a really long screwdriver to get at it, ended up using a scroll wrench with a long neck. Plugging it in to the back of the radio turned out to be easy - perhaps I got lucky.

In MP3 mode (dip switch up down) I can change songs within the playlist using the buttons on the steering wheel, but most of the touch screen is useless, and I can´t change the play list. I can switch between play lists, albums or songs on the iPhone 3G so that is not much of a problem.

In CD changer mode (dip up up) I can only change the play list, not between songs, more of the touch screen works, but the iPhone does not respond - just displays a pic of the iPod.

Not yet tried in mini disk (MD) or satellite mode (SAT) as my sterio is very basic. No navigation, no MD, no SAT, no CD changer, just FM1-3, MW and CD.

When I start the car, iPhone says "this interface does not support iPhone" but it does work.

In MP3 mode I can use the iPhone interface on the iPhone, I can switch between songs using the buttons on the steering wheel, it sounds as good as the CD player, so I am quite happy.

2. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for describing your experience here with the Dice and iPhone 3G. I appreciated the descriptions of how it functions in various modes. If you learn more, please do share!