1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newer Prius or lower mileage?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by vagabondage, Dec 26, 2010.

1. vagabondage

vagabondage New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi friends, I am looking to buy a used Prius soon. There are two I am looking at. One is a 2007 with 25k miles, and the other is a 2009 with 50k miles. Both are about the same price and are fairly comparable in every other way. Which would you pick and why? Thanks for your expertise!

2. Tekdeus

Tekdeus Shifted to Green

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be interested to hear feedback as well. I personally opted for lower mileage/better condition and just bought a 2004 with 35k.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Same options? I'd go for the lower mileage because I drive more than average & expect parts to wear out before they rot. Run both VIN through Toyota Owners Online | Official Toyota Owners Website.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a good point. how much mileage do you expect to put on it? a car wears more from mileage than age in my opinion.

5. oxnardprof

oxnardprof Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I agree with lower mileage, even for more options.

We recently purchased a 2008 with about 24K miles, and are very happy with it. I feel more confident with the lower mileage on the car.

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are they the same color? Same packages? These things make all the difference to me.

I had the choice of a light blue Touring with 5k miles or magnetic gray with 10k miles. I can't imagine me driving that blue car and I'm so happy with my choice.

7. M D

M D No more gas guzzler :D

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I too would chose the lower mileage - the only advantage I can see that the 2009 would afford you is the extra two-years of battery warranty. (No idea if there are any other major differences though).