1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

News item: Washington electric car bill would fine drivers who park at charging stations

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Phausto, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Phausto

Phausto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. Chris11

Chris11 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm going to keep my eye on this bill, thanks for posting it, since it says even on private property they can't park other vehicles in EV spaces.

4. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There could be an unintended consequence of such a law.

If a retail business only has a dozen parking spots that are usually full they will not consider installing a charging station if that means the space is going to sit empty 4 days of the week. I would rather they consider putting in 4 charging stations and know that I can probably grab a charge, if needed, by waiting for any 1 of 4 vehicles to leave.

Of course one of the things that would help in this situation would be for the charging network to have a real time status of the availability of each parking spot. I really get frustrated when the chargepoint app indicates a charging station is available only to arrive and find a vehicle (sometimes an EV) parked in the way.

5. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Heck, people park in the handicapped spots and it's not enforced. Will the cops actually hand out tickets for this?

7. Chris11

Chris11 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Maybe in New Joisey ... but here they do ticket for wrongfully parking in a HC spot.

In fact, but this is toooo much in my opinion, one cop ticketed for NOT having all four wheels inside the parking spot....i.e. one tire on or over the line separating the parking spots. Just saw a pic of what one cop gave a ticket for. Stupid, but some cops are stupid.