1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

News: Many stars taking Prius to the Oscars with them

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Stars Staying Green For Oscars

Some Taking Hybrids, Not Limos, To Award Show

http://cbsnewyork.com/entertainment/entert..._056142729.html

Feb 25, 2004 2:26 pm US/Eastern
    LOS ANGELES (AP) Young Oscar nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes says she'll pass on taking a stretch limousine to her first Academy Awards to do her part in helping the environment.

The 13-year-old "Whale Rider" star and best actress contender is one of a handful of celebrities who will be chauffeured to the gala in a Toyota Prius. It's part of an effort to help promote the use of hybrid cars powered by both gasoline and electricity.

Charlize Theron, Sting, Robin Williams, Jack Black, Tim Robbins and Will Ferrell are among those committed to arriving at the red carpet in a hybrid car, courtesy of the environmental group Global Green U-S-A.

The group first provided hybrid vehicles for celebrities last year when splashy red-carpet arrivals were canceled because of the war in Iraq.

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Junior Member

my favorite quote is
    "I absolutely love our Prius',? said Will Ferrel. ?In addition to being obviously economical and environmentally friendly, they drive great and are just plain SEXY!!! There's no reason all Americans shouldn't be driving hybrid cars."

The press release is here.
    http://www.globalgreen.org/pdf/RedCarpetGreenCars.pdf

It's interesting to google for "celebrities 2004 prius", I wonder how many of them visit this site-- maybe using a pseudonym...

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base