1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nextel (Sprint) Direct Connect with the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Deaden, May 12, 2006.

1. Deaden

Deaden New Member

Just got my new 06 Prius last night and am loving it so far. I use a Nextel Blackberry 7100i and have it paired with the car. Works great for phone calls. However, on my way into work one of my coworkers direct connected me. I could not hear him through the phone or the car. I had to disconnect the bluetooth on my phone in order to finally be able to hear him. Is there something I should be doing differently, or is it just not going to work when someone DCs me? :(

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Deaden @ May 12 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]254049[/snapback]</div>

it's not going to work. The car has no idea what the hell the phone is trying to do. It's too smart for it's own good.

3. badaka

badaka New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use Nextel (Motorola 870i) and when someone direct connects to me my stereo mutes and I hear them loud and clear without doing anything. I haven't figured out how to respond other than manually with the phone itself.

4. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I could not get it to work on the Blackberry with the direct connect. It works fine over the phone, but no on the direct connect. I just assumed it would not work for any direct connect. I was very surprised by someone saying they have it working with direct connect. Hopefully, someone else can help on this one.

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ibcs @ May 13 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]254959[/snapback]</div>

Phones to take out of the office and fiddle with the Prius:

LG 350
    i870 (did this before, failed miserably. Will try again.)
    i7100

damn list is getting long. I want my car back.

6. Lucky Stars

Lucky Stars Gadgit Guru

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK I have my i880 paired with the '06 Prius and the phone works and so does the direct connect. How do I upload the address book?