1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NHL poll

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Che, Jun 5, 2006.

?
  1. Oilers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hurricanes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1984 Denver Broncos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Che

Che New Member

Stanley Cup Finals.

I was at the Embassy Suites in Cary, NC this morning and coincidentally the Edmonton Oilers came strolling through the lobby. I thought about kicking Roloson in the knee and running, but I figured I might not make it out of the lobby alive.

2. MarieH

MarieH New Member

I'm still pulling for my Oilers, but now that Roloson is out, I'm afraid we're screwed.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I voted 1984 because I know nothing about hockey, and thought the choice was, at the very least, amusing...

:D

4. Che

Che New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 6 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]266477[/snapback]</div>
    That was it's intention! :lol:

Well,

The oilers may have lost this series if Roloson does not come back in. Conc's performance was not very impressive.

But, the hurricanes offense and power play was a little weak so you never know.

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

I am duty bound to reply to this thread, as a Canadian (or as some posters put it canadian)

I did catch the last 10 minutes of the first game and it was pretty exciting. Can baseball ever be that exciting? One thing though - when I watched hockey in Canada 20 years ago, the players were clean shaven. What happened? They all look like shipwecked sailors now. Am I correct in assuming the teams have lost the sponsorship of Gillette?

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 6 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]266781[/snapback]</div>
    Are you standing or sitting??

Brace yourself...

We agree - hockey is much more exciting. The only time baseball is good for me is the World Series - the rest of the year you can dump in the waste can and shut it tight. Barry Bonds has totally ruined it for me too - the records are no longer meaningful. To make baseball competitive they have to make it full contact - something along the lines of having to hit the player as he runs towards the base with the ball... Combine that with the steroid abuse and you can get some pretty good hits going there - would love to see how far the ball bounces off of Bond's head :lol:

The gruffy look took over sports about a decade ago - marketing schtick.

Looks like the Oilers are in trouble with their goalie going down with a knee injury last night. Too bad, looked like a great matchup. Love Stanley Cup hockey :D

7. Che

Che New Member

I agree, I am dissappointed with the loss of Roloson in that last nights game was some of the fastest hardest hitting competition I have seen all season.

That said, maybe Jussi and Ty can hold on. The Oilers still have Pronger n' Friends which are a formidable force.

8. cry4dawn

cry4dawn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Che @ Jun 6 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]266925[/snapback]</div>
    i personally am boycotting the nhl. they might as let cammy granato play in the nhl with the new wuss rules. plus they are all greedy i mean cheapest tickets to watch the rangers loose is $40 buck for nose bleeds.

9. MarieH

MarieH New Member

Can't speak for Carolina, but most of the Oilers are normally clean shaven. It's the playoff beards. And yeah, the last 10 minutes of that game was exciting...a little too exciting for me! But I'm feeling less depressed today and my faith in the Oil has returned. It's just wrong for the Cup to be won by an American team...no matter how many Canadians are playing on it!

GO OILERS!!!