1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NHTSA complaint generator

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Aug 28, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: Tesla report shows most negative NHTSA complaints are ‘fake’ and a tactic from ‘detractors’ | Electrek

According to an email obtained by Electrek, Elon Musk shared with Tesla employees a report from last week that shows most NHTSA complaints against the automaker are ‘fake’ and the company even suspects that it is a tactic from detractors.
    . . .
    NHTSA’s complaint system is made for car owners to flag potential safety issues with their vehicles, but numerous complaints were traced back to a single individual in Australia who was simply pulling pictures of damaged Tesla vehicles off salvage auction sites and submitting them as complaints by speculating on the cause of the accidents.
    . . .
    Electrek’s Take

I am not sure if this is actually a “coordinated strategy” to attack Tesla since it appears that most of them can still be traced back to the same guy: Keef Leech.

Like we explained in our report ‘The story behind the ‘false’ Tesla suspension complaints to NHTSA’, this guy sounds more like an unstable conspiracy theorist than someone working for the Tesla shorts.

Bob Wilson

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I still smile when I think back to the Prius Gen 2 unintended acceleration, when people in a panic would stomp on the accelerator instead of the brake - then say it was the car.

#2 hill, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    bisco likes this.
  3. LasVegasaurusRex

LasVegasaurusRex Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I remember hearing about this a few years ago.

Some rich loudmouth kept rambling on and on about fake news, the other team is a crook, Benghazi, and something about pedophiles.

Wait a minute...

el Crucero and bisco like this.