1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NHW20R Service Menu

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by ZFORCE, Mar 24, 2006.

1. ZFORCE

ZFORCE Junior Member

I've heard a rumor that the West Australian goverment Prii come fitted with the I-Tech safety features, but none of the fruit (I.E Nav and bluetooth)

I've managed to enter the service menu and taken a photo with my camera phone. I'm interested to know if anyone else with a non I-Tech pack Prius has those greyed out menu options like mine does.

Also, i swear i've seen the VSC light illuminate on the dash once or twice, but since i've been looking closely at it, its never lit up again. Is there any way to confirm if my car has VSC or it is all in my head?

2. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    From what I understand with mine is the VSC does not have a light that flashes when it kicks in. It'll beep several times, but no light. I do get the letters 'VSC' to light up upon startup, like the airbag lights and other 'idiot' lights up there on the dash. They all go out after the car is on.

With that being said, all Prii have traction control and a light that will flash when it is engaging. Looks like a 'sliding car' or a car symbol with curvy tracks thru it.

Hope that helps!

What's the weather like in Perth this time of year?

Do you have the traction control on/off switch that I've heard rumors about?

Curt.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i know the packages are different here in the US, but we have an 05 package 5 (no nav. bluetooth, etc) and our service menu looks just like yours.

hope this helps :)

4. ZFORCE

ZFORCE Junior Member

I've had the traction control engage a few times, but i've never had the car in a situation that the VSC would enable, if indeed it does exist on my car. As for the traction control disable switch, i don't have one, and i don't think toyota would ever put one in. I've heard that spinning the wheels can damage the PSD.

As for the weather, well, we have had the coldest summer in 50 yrs and the wettest February in 13 yrs.

So all in all, a pretty mild summer.

5. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZFORCE @ Mar 26 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]230297[/snapback]</div>
    ZFORCE from the other side of the Country.
    I have a base model too, and VSC is only fitted to I-Tech Aussie Prius. Are you sure it wasn't the traction control light? I have seen that a few times when the car spins the wheels.

How did you enter the sevice menu?

Regards, Sleeka.