1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nice improvements, and a question

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by daniel, Sep 14, 2004.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi Danny. I've noticed two improvements I like:

The "Quick Quote" is nice.

Also it's nice that the "Your post was posted" page is gone and it goes directly back to the thread showing the new post instead.

I wonder if the (): that shows up after "So-and-So Wrote" in quote boxes is intentional. I notice that clicking on "Quote" includes a reference to the original post, as well as its text, but all it actually does is insert that (): into the title line. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than a bit of clutter. Certainly no big deal.

I also notice that the "Watch this thread" button has an icon of a wristwatch. :D

Oh, and I also never realized before that changing your sig changes it in all your old posts as well.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel\";p=\"39281)</div>
    Thanks, Daniel. I haven't seen the (): yet, but I haven't had much time to read the boards since doing the upgrade. I'll be posting a thread on all of the new features of PriusChat soon!

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ahh...now I see it... weird. I'll look into it.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Danny,
    This might not the proper place for this, but I'm going to add to Daniel's thoughts.

I do a quite a bit of searching. I figure, this way if I need an answer I will find it without having to generate a new thread rehashing an existing one.

One problem I have is that when a search returns no results (most likely because I misspelled it) the results page is blank. I have to [back] to get to the search and try it again.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to get the search stuff to remain. Not even the "Quick Search" box is there.

Just a thought.

I really do like all the improvements. :)

5. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

I seriously think this site has a few corruptions and missing files but they are minor and not worth fixing, my site exibited similar problems, I fixed them, but I'm sure they weren't worth the time spent, for the minor gains.

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Actually, I liked the option of going back to the froum or going back into the thread. Most of the time I post, I have finished the thread and want to go back to the forum.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I am SERIOUSLY missing the spellchecker!

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you move the "View posts since last visit" back to the top of the 3 options and make it larger and bold? I keep hitting "view unread posts".

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ckacey -

Any assistance you can provide to help me clear up a few things on the upgrade I'd appreciate - since you've already been through it.

Evan - are you talking about under the "User Info"?

I see:

Danny
    You last visited on Yesterday at 5:38 pm
    The time now is Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:29 am
    View posts since last visit (156)
    View unanswered posts
    View your posts

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, I'm talking about the top right just above the Forum Index section...that's what I link to, from there I click "View Posts Since Last Visit"...prior version I asked, and you complied, with moving that to the top of the list of 3 choices. Currently "View Unread Posts" is the one at the top and I never use that button anyway.

While I'm whining...I liked the "Mark all topics as read" over on the right side instead of left of the "now topics" page instead of the left.

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Haven't had a chance to try the site improvements yet -- I'll get back to you -- but I noticed that the option for searching only on the topic has disappeared.

I really do find that a helpful option for old threads -- could you add that back?

Thanks!