1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nice sales story

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by alexmac56, Jul 23, 2008.

1. alexmac56

alexmac56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In early June I put a deposit on a prius @ Sunrise Toyota and was told by my salesman Sean that the wait could be 6 months but he felt early August was real. Two weeks ago my son totaled his Honda ( no serious injuries) and accident not his fault. 3 days after accident Sean calls and tells me the Prius is in. I proceed to tell him I cant take the car because I need to get my son a car and am not sure what what amount will be coming from insurance and I may need to supplement. :eek: He says don't worry we will talk in 10 days and he will hold the vehicle. On the 8th day the insurance claim settles but I still think monies may be tight. @ the same time I was trading my rav4 in (fair trade value) for the prius and had it listed locally looking for a better price. I get a call about the rav4 and he seems interested but does not commit. I call Sean again and tell him to sell the prius, now going for over Msrp because i don't want to jerk him around. HE THEN TELLS ME IF I DON'T TAKE THE CAR THE NEXT PERSON ON LIST IS CALLED. That means he loses the commission because the next person was not his sale. I told him you have several sales pending for 1k over Msrp and u can't call them and he says thats not how the dealership works. The dealership could have easily sold for a above Msrp but they showed real integrity by doing the right thing and staying with the list. The good news is I sold the rav4 for above trade in value and the extra monies went to my sons car. I will be picking up my Prius on Thursday. If it wasn't for Sean's patience, integrity and lack of greed I would not be picking it up. In June the dealership was committing to Msrp, today its 1k over. The games they could have played were numerous ... they didn't and kept their word. Thanks Sunrise Toyota
    PS.... I still hate paying MSRP

2. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree they play the game and its not as if they are going to make money selling it at MSRP. Plus you have to have the car serviced at the dealer, they make money again. They act as they are doing us a favor.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    For most things, especially the regular 5000 mile stuff, you DON'T need to take your car to the dealer. The time the dealer is important is for warranty work, obviously, and hybrid-specific problems. Fortunately, the Prius is so well made it's unlikely to need much of the latter, and the former doesn't cost you.

4. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Glad it all worked out for you...it is RARE to find a dealer that is selling them for MSRP due to the demand....