1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nintendo Wii's available everywhere

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by morpheusx, Apr 26, 2008.

1. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who is still looking to find a Nintendo Wii and refuses to overpay on eBay. They are featured in the Sunday Newspaper ads for 4/27/08 at Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Toys R Us. All the stores have a guaranteed minimum for sunday morning because they are advertised but the quantities are limited. Remember to get there early to get one probably at least an hour or two. Check your local store for hours.

2. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Who needs Wii when you have the energy monitor?

Oh, right...

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How 'bout a Wii played on the MFD? haha.

4. sleonardelli

sleonardelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks!!! After months of hunting, we finally have our wii. :p They actually had about 30 in stock at the best buy I went to. :)

5. morpheusx

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm glad to have at least helped one person out. I picked up Mario Kart for my son today. My best buy must have had hundreds of Wii's today because they still had at least 50 of them when I was there around 12:30. I'm glad I went ahead and picked up a second Racing wheel attachment, the game is pretty fun and the wife seems addicted to it, so now it looks as if I'm off to go back and buy a third controller and another wheel.

6. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I can't convince my wife to let me buy one of these yet :p. They sound very cool, though.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we got our hands on a wii shortly after they came out- DH was so excited that i agreed to buy one, that he stopped at ALL the stores a couple times a day until he found one. did you know sometimes your tech runs small errands while test driving your problem car? :D

i've been so looking forward to mario kart... we made a couple small sacrifices so we could buy it on the release date :)

8. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Same here. I got the Kart; I have yet to play it, but I did get the extra steering wheel, so two can drive.

9. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My Wii Alerts were going off left and right today, I guess the shortage from the Christmas time shopping might be finally over. I got MarioKart for the Wii too. I feel its work the 50 bucks they charge. I like to use the classic controller when I play though, I find that using the plastic wheel is a little cumbersome for me, I like to kick it old school.

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Remember when a wheel was old school?

We just have a hotted up XBox 360 with super efficient fans with auto and manual control with heat pipe cooling and modified ducting.
    I made my son a dash board to attach his steering wheel to and it has an angled floor for the pedals and all painted in hammertone paint.

My son's current favorite game in Guitar hero, a very cool game, made him interested in guitar again.

11. morpheusx

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I love my 360 too. It is my favorite game system of all time. Almost nothing beats the joy of slaughtering a smart mouth punk with a chainsaw online with Gears Of War late at night or running an (american) football down their throat in Madden or NCAA. The wife is telling me no to GTA IV though because we have a 4 year old, even though I only play my "bad" games at night when he is asleep. Which is why I decided to throw my last gift card towards Mario Kart instead. I guess it is almost as fun to play games as a family.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mario Kart's out??

hmmm... I'd like to get one eventually. Not now though. I'll finish Brawl first.

13. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just played the Kart this evening. Man, it is so much fun! The steering wheel adds to it, IMHO.

14. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have an XBOX 360 and will be getting Grand Theft Auto....has anyone seen this yet, its a car in the game that looks similar to another car driven by everyone on this forum.....funny isnt it?

O YA, Anyone have a Wii in their Prii?:eyebrows:

15. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'd have to advise agains playing with your "Wii" while driving. :eek:

16. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In case anyone is wondering,
    dilettante (plural dilettantes or dilettanti)
    1. A person who enjoys the arts.
    2. An amateur, someone who dabbles in a field out of casual interest rather than as a profession or serious interest.
    3. A person with a broad but superficial interest in an art or a branch of knowledge. (Sometimes derogatory.)
    It is even illegal to play with your wii on the side of the road while stopped in most states.

17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha.

LOL

Thanks for the definition! Didn't know it was a real word!

Oh wow... yet there are many DVD Entertainment Systems (Lexus vehicles with the Mark Levinson Surround audio system can play DVDs when parked)

18. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    GTA IV is getting amazing reviews almost everywhere I look. The violence of the GTA series has turned me off a bit, but with these reviews, I just may have to get it. I just finished playing Bioshock (a great game, BTW), so apparently the violence doesn't bother me that much.

Although, since we started to talk about having kids, I've realized that I'm going to have to curb some of my violent video game playing (or at least confine them to the night like you do).

19. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Routing the steering wheel controller into the drive by wire system would solve the "no telescoping steering wheel in the Prius" problem. Good for anti theft too. Hard to steel the car when you took the steering wheel with you. Could be bad news if the batteries in the controller run out though....

Rob

20. madsock

madsock New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    While at the subject of driving and playing games....

this car is my first choice when i was shopping for a car.... i suppose the news is a bit old, but it made my jaws drop and my hands itch....

Suzuki SXBox Xbox 360 Concept Car Pictures - Xbox