1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nissan Altima

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by jezroj, Mar 3, 2007.

1. jezroj

jezroj New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    While on the road yesterday, noticed the Nissan Altima Hybrid is out. Has anyone actually driven or seen this car up close? Any comments about it compared to the Prius?

2. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have had some interest in the Altima Hybrid ... sounds like it's a nice mixture of a little more sporty car with hybrid benefits as well. I think the combined horsepower is just under 200. Probably more personality than the Prius and feels a little more like a "regular" car. Of course all of this is speculation on my part b/c I have not driven one. I am just going by what I have read on other forums and reviews.

2008 Fuel Economy ratings are 35 city, 37 highway vs Prius's 48 city, 45 highway. The 4 cyl Altima gas engines achieve 23 city, 31 highway.

Sounds like the trunk is REALLY small, so that's a big downside especially compared to the hatchback of the Prius. No HIDs or fog lamps as far as I can tell either. Overall though it sounds like the Nissan Altima Hybrid is a nice compromise for someone who wants to ease into a hybrid lifestyle.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It'll be sportier than the TCH or Prius but the trunk is smaller than the TCH and Prius. However, compared to the TCH, it's better shaped.

It's the quickest family hybrid sedan to 60 (Camry, Altima, Aura) and about midrange for stopping distance IIRC.

Check edmunds.com for a 2007 hybrid sedan comparo.

4. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A