1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nissan of Irvine, CA has three Leafs for sale right now to first come first serve

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by Rybold, May 28, 2011.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I was just at Irvine Nissan in CA, and they have three Leafs for sale to the first buyer (pearl white, red, blue). I told the salesperson I thought there was a waiting list, and he said there is but for Leafs that have been reserved and then the person backs out, the Leafs become available for sale just like any other car at the dealer. So if anyone is interested, there are three for sale in Irvine. Sticker is $35K and there were no "additional markup" window stickers (that doesn't mean they won't give you a difficult time).
    It's a really nice car. :)

(by the way, the sticker said final assembly point is Los Angeles. Can someone explain why it says that?)

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's probably the port that it came in as there are no longer any auto plants in the LA area.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's incredible. wish they were selling in mass.

4. Rybold

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    They now have TEN Leafs on their lot...

(turn the brightness on your monitor up)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Any idea why they have so many? People backing out? Just a blip because they got a bunch of deliveries? They want too much? Little demand?

6. Rybold

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well, they are in the back of the lot and not out towards the street; so the dealer is not exactly desperate to find a buyer (and with Japan production down, now would be the best time to get top dollar). My best guess is that these were pre-ordered/reserved and the shipment just came in and they're waiting for the buyers to come pick them up. I didn't ask. I can go back in a few days and see how many are still there and ask the salesman.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    When we first looked into the Leaf back in the day we found the folks at the Irvine dealership some what indifferent towards the leaf. Not that they were horrible, rather it was typical to simply not be able to find anyone there who knew much about getting in early on a delivery, no returned phone calls etc. Let's just say we were VERY happy making the long drive out to Fontana, in stead.
    ;)
    That said, it may be that employees signed up, with the sole purpose of assuring that Irvine got some inventory eventually ... and that it's the employees who backed out (never intending to buy, anyway). As for "final assembly", yes, once the cars come to port, there are plastic panels and such that get installed. Nothing much more than that.

8. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    while i was waiting for my leaf i'd check the inventory of my dealer every day. bottom line is that most of the cars in inventory were spoken for - i think every car that comes in goes into the on-line inventory even if it is reserved for a customer. a burst of VINs would show up and then over the next 4-5 days they would disappear. after a while it became clear that 2 or 3 cars were orphans, given that they remained on the list across multiple truck deliveries.

so just because any particular nissan dealer shows many leafs in inventory, it may not mean they are for sale. only way to know is to call up and ask if they have any orphans.

9. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you talk to the dealer ? 100% of Leafs are pre-ordered. Dealer will have one for sale only if someone backsout after ordering (or the dealship got them ordered with the intention of selling them as orphans).