1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nissan on Track to take 25,000 reservations by end of year - 8,000 reserved already

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by drees, Apr 30, 2010.

1. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nissan's Leaf electric vehicle to be in the black | Reuters

2. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    So, we had 6,700 in first two days. 1,300 in 7 more days - about 200 per day. At this rate, it will be a total of 11,000 by May 15th.

10% of the people who "raised their hand" would have shown some interest in buying. Somewhat disappointing - though I'm sure Nissan will meet their stated targets.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I sure hope it's 1st come (signup) 1st served. If so? I'm IN there! I'm thinking the folks living in the actual states 1st being sold in also get to jump ahead of the out-of-staters.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I originally thought that 10% was disappointing. But I'm one of those "hand raisers" and I signed up only because I wanted to have news pushed to me automatically. I'm willing to bet that a large percentage of people signed up for the same reason.

Then there are the early adapters. I found this article which does a decent job of explaining why an initial 10% is actually not bad at all.
    What is early adopter? - Definition from Whatis.com

5. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Now only guessing but if they are making about 4000 a month and they build one month in advance before December, now is the point where you will start to have to wait for the car beyond the first month or even into early 2011.

6. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Worse yet, I have a nasty feeling that it's going to be for those in states first being sold AND also residing in cities signing onto the EV Project. :(

If it truly is first-come, first-served....well, I should be well in there - the first person to report to the Leaf Facebook page that he'd gotten his email was @ 5:28pm eastern on the 20th. I was the third person to report in, @ 5:30pm, and by 5:34 at the latest (when I next checked back in on Facebook) my reservation was a done deal.

7. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Who knows what exactly is first-come ... it could be
    - First signed up at the site ("hand raiser")
    - First to reserve
    - First to go to the dealer after Jun 30th and sign the agreement to buy

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Or first to the dealer in August, when they open the process for actual firm orders.

Or, the first ones on the dealer list at those dealerships willing to have someone in the office at midnight on the first morning that Nissan accepts factory orders from the dealers.

They've said that they will begin accepting firm orders in August. So it might have nothing to do with when you raised your hand, or got in your pre-order, or got to the dealership; but rather when the dealer gets your order in to the factory in the mad rush that will happen on that first day. Considering how badly they botched the pre-order emails and web site, this last possibility seems most likely to me.

It's also possible that for the December roll-out, Nissan will decide who they think best fits the car, and contact those people directly, in the order Nissan determines, with reference to none of the above.

9. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I put my reservation in the first day, but being in Oklahoma, who knows when the cars will be available here. Since I am already into the fourth quarter of a century -- hope I live long enough to enjoy my new Leaf. Oh well, gives me something to live for.

I have begun keeping a daily log of miles driven each day to see exactly on how many days the range of the Leaf will work. Even if you consider the real-world range of the Leaf to be maybe 75 miles per charge, we haven't exceeded that per day.

10. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    For the December deliverys, it's pretty much the EV Project's 10 citiies, and other areas in those same 5 states as well, from the sound of it. The rest of us, well we are going to have to wait to see what the next 10 areas Nissan deems has the most interest for the early 2011 deliverys, they have not determined that yet, but will determine it from where the pre-orders are, they want to deliver the cars to the areas with the most demand/interest, it's in their best interest to get the cars out there ASAP. They have said that my the end of 2011, the Leaf will be available in all 50 states, so some will end up waiting almost a year from the first December of 2010 deliverys. This may not be a bad thing, as those near the end will get to hear a lot of feedback from the first delivery people, and they may changeover to the 2012 Leaf by late 2nd or early 3rd quarter of 2011, so you might end up with a 2012 model year car possibly.

11. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    There's the additional complexity of inspection for charger installation & eTec free charger selection. Sigh.