1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nissan to start taking orders for LEAF electric car

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Nissan Motor Co (7201.TO) will begin taking reservations in April for its all-electric Leaf vehicle which is due to roll into showrooms in some U.S. markets in December.
    Buyers, who pay a $100 refundable fee, can reserve the vehicle in advance before the auto maker begins taking purchase orders in August, Nissan said in a statement Thursday. Leafs will be available via lease or sale in a transaction that will also cover the battery pack. The purchase price will also be announced in April.

Nissan to open Leaf pre-order 'reservations' in April - MarketWatch

" including the assessment, permitting and installation of in-home battery-charging units," said Nissan's Americas chairman Carlos Tavares.

2. oms2burn

oms2burn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Web site for the leaf (U.S.):
    Nissan LEAF Electric Car

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I wouldn't mind testing one for a while. With a 100 mile range, it's pretty much the perfect commuter car. For the last several months I've been plugging in my EBH every evening and can't see how this would be any different.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's different in that the plug-in procedure will get you down the road a lot farther

;)

It'll be interesting to see how much a (much nearer) "zero-smog" vehicle that translates out to over 200mpg (doing the math on energy created by a combonation of coal, natural gas, hydro, wind, PV, and nuke based electricity) will help Nissan achieve future federally mandated standards of 35mpg average.

5. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    $100? I'm in:)

6. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I wonder what the purchase price will be?