1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nissan UK have lost the plot!

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by GrumpyCabbie, May 27, 2011.

1. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Maybe I'm just not getting this but I think Nissan UK have lost the plot - completely;

Car Dealer Magazine » Nissan trials courtesy bikes instead of cars for Leaf owners

So rather than provide another Leaf as a courtesy car when yours is in for service they're providing an electric bicycle! ha ha ha. So you drive 10 miles to the dealer and then get on the bike and ride home. What a cheapskate trick to pull. Why not provide another Leaf or failing that provide a petrol car and give £20 of free fuel to make up for the higher cost, but no "buying a Leaf is like becoming a vegetarian" says Nissan - could they come out with a more stereotypical nonsensical load of tripe if they tried? I mean, these EV users are all bearded, vegan, hippies right? :(

No wonder the Leaf release in the UK is so badly managed, they appear to have fools at the top. Imagine this story getting picked up by the news channels/papers.

2. billnchristy

billnchristy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder when somebody is going to come out with an electrical supercharger in the form of a giant capacitor or something?

3. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    lol. I'm sure they could ask for a real car, though.

4. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They do say that it is just a trial. It would certainly work in some situations, but not all. If the dealership is downtown near where you work, having a bicycle could be an advantage if parking is at a premium. If you've got to bicycle 40 miles back home, then that might be a rather limited market...