1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NJ a carb state? huh? and can you order a touring prius from a NJ dealer?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by thedutchtouch, Jul 5, 2008.

1. thedutchtouch

thedutchtouch prius is my SUV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can you order a touring prius from a NJ dealer?

whats that mean? i'm a NJ resident, but i live year round in pittsburgh where i go to school, I however, want to get a touring model prius... which according to the toyota website aren't an option in NJ. how is NJ a CARB state? (thought that was a california thing)

can you order a touring model prius from a NJ dealer i'm interested in touring pkg 6.? thanks in advance

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    NJ is one of the states that has adopted CARB (Calif Air Resources Board) emission standards. Toyota offers the same AT-PZEV (Advanced Technology - Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) warranty in the "CARB" states as it does in California. To qualify for the AT-PZEV they have to offer a performance warranty of up to 15 yrs/150K miles on the emission system. The HV battery warranty is 10 yrs /150K miles in CARB states.

3. thedutchtouch

thedutchtouch prius is my SUV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so, i have two questions..
    scenario a: i buy the car in PA, and possibly mose back full time to NJ (not likely at all)
    Scenario B: i buy the car in NJ, and move full time to PA (quite likely)
    Scenario C: i buy the car in NJ, and live full time in NJ (not vvery likely)

is scenario C the only one where i'd get this warranty? or would i get it if bought in NJ, even if i move to PA permanently?

i have a current NJ residence, and drivers licence/registration, but i'll be moving at the same time i'm buying the car, don't know exactly where yet (depends on med school acceptance)

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My understanding is that the warranty is based on where the car is purchased (i.e. a NJ purchased car gets a NJ warranty) and it follows the car even if you relocate.

You should double check with the dealer that you are buying the car from. I am not positive that NJ is a CARB state, even though others have posted that it is. The Wikipedia article on Emissions doesn't list NJ as a CARB state, but maybe it needs to be updated.