1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No access to thread

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by patsparks, Jun 30, 2008.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I tried to access a thread which may have been locked out by admins and got this message,
    Could we have added 3. The thread has been closed due to abuse or breach of PriusChat rules. (Or something like that)?

I don't know anything about this stuff but I'm pretty sure my account is fine.

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just saw that too... I was reading a thread that was started by a troll and I'm pretty sure a mod torched it before I hit "page 2" at which point I got that error... had to think back if I had committed any ban-able offese. ;)

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got one of those by hitting the "back" browser button after reporting a troll to the mods. I suspect that set off the message by making the browser attempt to load a script generated page, to which I no longer had access.

What were you doing when you got your error?

Tom

4. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That could be it. Perhaps the page was removed as we clicked the link.

Tom

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As it turns out, I got darned sick and tired of the "established" PriusChat members ganging together and jumping on new members (trolls or not) so I deleted the thread. It was going downwards fast with no actual further contribution and served no purpose other than to make people feel good by beating others down.

It's gone now.

6. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow Tony, three of us got caught in the vortex and almost went down with it. That was a close call. :D

Tom

7. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    For the record, I didn't jump on that bandwagon... I did report a couple trolls earlier today, but I always take a quick look at all of a user's posts before deciding whether to report, no matter how obvious a single post might seem.

I also don't consider myself more "established" in any way other than having read more of the good advice of some experienced and friendly people around here.