1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No air on vent for feet

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 12red34, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 12red34

12red34 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No air coming out of lower/foot vents when I switch to them.
    4 front vents work correctly.
    Defrost seems to be working.
    Temp change works, fresh air/re-circulation works.

A month ago I was able to get a little bit of air on feet if I started on defrost and worked my way backwards to feet only.

Would this be a blend door actuator problem or the blend door itself? If not the actuator, what is the next part to replace?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If it's any door at all, it's the air outlet door (blend is a different door, controlling the temperature).

I would just check it, before replacing anything. There's probably an actuator check mode. Certainly with Techstream, but in Gen 1 there was a way to get into it right from the front panel. I'm not sure of the Gen 2 details but they'll be in the repair manual. I know you get into the code-display mode by turning the car on while holding auto+recirc and that's likely the first step to the actuator check. Commands each actuator to each position so you can watch and see what happens. In Techstream you can also see what each actuator thinks its position is.

-Chap