1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

no beeps when entering/exiting EV mode

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kyleroden, Oct 4, 2007.

1. kyleroden

kyleroden Junior Member

I just finished installing an EV button in my 2007 touring. It works fine, and will beep 3 times if it cannot enter EV mode, but will not beep at all when entering or exiting EV mode. I was for sure I had read that there should be a single beep when turning EV on or off.

Would appreciate it if someone would let me know what the deal is. This is a stand alone momentary button and not the coastaltech cruise control mod.

thanks!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No beep if you're already on the Energy screen. But if you're on the consumption or any other screen there will be a beep when it switches over to the Energy screen...as it always does when you enter EV mode.

3. kyleroden

kyleroden Junior Member

thanks for the reply.. and thanks for the guide on installing the button, it made it very simple. I'm generally on the energy screen so I suppose thats why i get no beeps.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No problem, that's why I get paid the big bucks!

5. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

Disabling beeping also affects behavior.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kyleroden @ Oct 4 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]521345[/snapback]</div>

6. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 4 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]521347[/snapback]</div>
    For reference, my EV button works perfectly. However, I do NOT get a beep whenever I activate or disable the EV mode... no matter what screen was being displayed at the time. The only indication that I've entered EV mode, is the MFD will switch to the Energy screen if I was on the Consumption or Climate screen. Again, no beep. I do get the three beeps when the car will not allow me to enter EV mode because of low SOC, speed threshold, etc... I have the OEM switch from Sigma on my 07 Prius.

7. Tim Wang

Tim Wang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just finished the EV mod on my 2007 Base model, I think I have the exact same problem, no beep going in or exiting EV mod. Haven't heard the 3 beep when it's got canceled, or pushing the button while ICE is running. I do also have the screen come back to Trip Info if any other screen is displayed....

Any of you have some solutions on this yet? I don't know what mode I am in right now....