1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No call from dealer yet, should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by krishkal, Nov 18, 2011.

1. krishkal

krishkal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has been 20 hours since I placed the order on line, picked the dealer closest to me (Fremont Toyota in the Bay Area), and have not received a call or email. Should I be worried? Should I switch to a different dealer?

2. StuffOnARock

StuffOnARock Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would be... have you talked to them already?

If you haven't, I would just order from the PriusChat Certified dealer closest to you... I guess Putnam?

Not too far from you...

http://priuschat.com/forums/toyota-...-dealer-program-launch-announcement-form.html

3. FUUFNF

FUUFNF Forum Lurker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I ordered mine from Dianne @ Carson Toyota and it couldn't have been any easier.

4. krishkal

krishkal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Funniliy enough, I got a call about 5 minutes after I posted. Maybe they are monitoring the forum? ;). However, I got offered no discount, take it or leave it, couldn't care less, type of attitude. So, I called Andrey at Putnam, he walked me through, and now my order is complete (with the PriusChat discount applied). Thanks, PriusChat! (And, thanks, Andrey!)

5. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I contacted 3 other dealers in the Bay Area and they seemed clueless about the process and not that interested in making a sale. Andrey was the only one that said exactly what needed to happen and how it was going to work. Order placed and confirmed in about 10min. I wish all my car buying experiences took that long...

6. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    You are so funny... I can't wait to meet you. We'll pick leather together. Sort of like choosing drapes or wallpaper!

My own PHEV is going to get aftermarket leather when it gets here... I can't wait - heated leather seats again.

:: sigh :: simple pleasures!

7. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

Hmmm didn't think about doing leather seats once it got here. Might have to look into that.

Ken

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my dealer can't find an email from toyota and has no idea who they would have sent it to. they want me to print out the order and bring it by, it would have been easier to fly to california and pick it up from dianne and drive it home.:mad:

9. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Oh Bisco!
    I'm so sorry!
    Is there any way I can help? Talk to someone there for you?

10. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Same here, most dealers didn't understand the difference between us choosing which dealer gets the order versus taking a car out of their allocated inventory. They just kept telling me they wouldn't mark it up above MSRP. HA! I told them they should realize this is found money, and frankly, should make any deal that brings them the incremental profit. They can screw around with their own allocation all they want.

But a few dealers "got it" and wanted to work a deal. In the end, I didn't find out about the PriusChat discount until too late to ask Putnam about a trade-in price. I worked out a deal with another dealer that was MSRP on the car, but pretty-much retail on my trade-in. And since money is money, that's as good to me as $500 off and either much less on the trade-in or having to spend a lot of time on my own to get close to the same retail amount anyway.

And they were great about being responsive Thursday morning... so that's good too.

11. jbrad4

jbrad4 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's not too late to start over and change dealers. If I had to do it over again, I'd go with Dianne even though I live in Texas.

12. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I would highly recommend Andre at Putnam Toyota in Burlingame. No hassle, great deal and he knows all about the ordering process. Sure worked for me and I'm half way down the coast from there!