1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No cruise control - 2016 Gen 4 Prius ☹️

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Akh Rzn, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Akh Rzn

Akh Rzn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hello, I’m new here and this my first post, I apologise in advance if I am posting in incorrect section.

my issue:

I bought a Japanese imported 2016 Gen 4 Toyota Prius, this is my second Prius and I love it! Unfortunately it does not have cruise control, my previous Prius (Gen 3) was same but I was able to buy a full kit online and had it fitted, it worked a great.

however for the Gen 4 I have not been able to find one, can someone please help/guide me to installing cruise control to my Gen 4 and where to buy the kit?

Will be massively appreciated.

have a lovely day all!

P.S I’m from the UK.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

i have no idea, but hopefully someone will know.

all the best!

3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, sorry, don't know. BUT I's suspect that you're looking at either the improbable - or even impossible.

These functions have things like that deeply integrated into the computer systems (ECU) (6 of them I think plus electronic control Units), and other features like the Lane Departure, many brake functions etc. It's also linked with the Dashboard displays. The Cruise control uses the forward recognition camera behind the R/V Mirror, the RADAR unit behind the Grille Logo, at least 3 speed sensors, for a start.

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I’d agree that it’s impracticable to add Toyota Safety Sense-P with dynamic radar cruise control (though someone was trying), but I’m still not sure about adding constant-speed cruise control, discussed previously:

Howdy Guys Cruise Control On A Prius | PriusChat
    Adding cruise switch to basic version | PriusChat
    Install Cruise Control on Toyota Prius 50 | PriusChat

None of those threads ended with a clear, definitive report of whether or not it’s possible, and if so, what parts (and wiring, if any) would have to be added.

alanclarkeau likes this.