1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No deals yet.....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by FrankD, Apr 27, 2009.

1. FrankD

FrankD Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, now that the 2010 pricing is out, I was hoping I could get a good deal on a 2009 Prius.
    At least here in western NY, it does not seem to be happening.

I assumed that there was a glut of 2009 Prius's here in the US, ands that the deals would be plentiful, because of the low gas prices and economy.

The local dealers are all telling me that the $1000 rebate IS the best deal you will find, and that they are selling many Prius's already because of the rebate, and that the supply is low. In fact, the closest Pkg#2 in Silver Pine Mica is hundreds of miles away in Maryland.

The local dealer told me that if I could be more flexible with the color choice, around the best he might do would be around $22,500 after the rebate before taxes. I was hoping for a bit less......but perhaps I'm being unreasonable.

I leave for a month long trip to Florida this Saturday. I'll check down there, but my local dealer told me i'll pay more for Toyota's down there, and I won't get any special "cold weather" stuff that are on the northern Prius's.

I did not know there were "southern" and 'northern" Prius's......are there?? We will not be moving to Florida for good for a couple of years......do I need to buy a "northern" Prius ??

Thank you in advance for your kind help. I'm a bit discouraged.....perhaps I should just wait for a 2010.....??

Frank D.

2. mcamp52

mcamp52 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I live in Florida and have no need for heated seats. Heck, I'd rather have cooled seats. So when you see things like heated seats and heated rear view mirrors, we have them down here too. We just have to pay for things we will never use and the dealers pretend like these are worthwhile feaures.

3. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I would think you'd have to wait until the 2010 is actually available to get a deal. The 2009 is still the only game in town if you want a Prius in the next couple of months.

AFAIK, your local dealer is lying to you about cold weather stuff.

4. FrankD

FrankD Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just spoke to another dealer today........told me he could get a 2009 with the color I want, etc...then quoted me MSRP as the price....24,500 plus tax for a 2009 Pkg #2........not much of a deal at all.....??

Oh well........

Frank D.

5. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I believe the dealers are not getting any more shipments of the 09, they are hanging on to what they have until the 10 arrives, so they are not discounting as much as couple months ago.