1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No more constant reverse beeping

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ArkiePrius, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ArkiePrius

ArkiePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The dealer I bought my 2012 Prius called and said that my mudflaps had came in, so I scheduled an appointment to get them put on today. They were part of my wife's bargaining when we were getting the car. Anyway, I asked them to also change the reverse beep from constant when in reverse to the single beep mode . We went in , we were in and out in 30 minutes, it was like a NASCAR pit stop, only quieter. The constant reverse beeping has been my ONLY complaint with the new car, I am not sure what Toyota was thinking when they put that feature into the car.
    I have a 3/4 ton pickup that I don't drive much unless I am pulling a trailer, so I drove it today for the first time since getting my new Prius, it was totally like driving a tank. I thought my enthusiasm for the Prius might slack off a little after several weeks, but I think it grows more every time I drive it.
    Arkie

2. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    congrats on purchase. We had our Gen3 over 2.5 years, still fighting who gets to drive it :)