1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

no more gas guzzler!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Omi, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We just took delivery of our new Prius and could not be happier! I will love the much fewer trips to the gas station. Added the radar detector mount and also had to copy the Touring emblem from another member on the forum. I do have the same issue as someone else posted where the fuel bar does "dip" down when reading from left to right, so I can only think the mirror for the gauge cluster needs adjustment. Also, I still have to figure out the voice dialing feature; giving me some issues right now trying to hit the talk button on the steering wheel and getting it to call. I do hit the off hook button first to open the phone screen, but it does not seem to want to dial after I speak in the number.
    some pics of the before car and after
    [attachmentid=12322]
    [attachmentid=12324]
    [attachmentid=12325]
    [attachmentid=12326]
    [attachmentid=12327]

Attached Files:

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations. What color is it?

3. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Nov 5 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]535055[/snapback]</div>
    I forgot it on that first one. We went with Spectra Blue. Love the color!

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just out of curiosity, what MPG were you getting in the infinity(?)? How's the Prius treating you MPG wise? Love the colour, BTW. Wish they had that one back in the five when I got mine.

5. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nice color! Is the red one yours too? I'm hoping to eventually talk the wife into replacing her car with a Prius. By the way nice mount for the radar detector, did you make it yourself?

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats!!

Love the avatar. :D

7. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Congratulations!

BTW, where did you get that radar detector mount? I've been looking for something like that. Does it attach to the rearview mirror mounting base?

8. CatahoulaB

CatahoulaB Redneck Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats! I'm getting the same one with package #6. Waiting for the dealer to call. Very excited

CBarn

9. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Your neighbors are going to think you lost your job. :)

The Infiniti is hot. Nice Prius too. :)

10. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Radar detector??
    ... does not compute ...
    _H*

11. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <-------very jealous of the hot color and touring model, ENJOY!

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Nov 5 2007, 11:33 PM) [snapback]535285[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

believe it or not, some of us have terminal leadfoot.

13. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Radar detectors can be handy for minor excursions above the PSL while gliding down ones favorite country hill in an attempt to pick up enough kinetic energy to make it over the next crest of your second favorite country hill without spinning the ICE over 2300RPM. Of course, I...uhh...don't know anybody who would be interested in that sort of thing. ;)

14. Scummer

Scummer Eh?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Valentine One,eh? Nice choice :)

15. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    HOLY CRAP!!!!! I AM SO JEALOUOS!!!

I am going to My dealer today and ordering the Touring emblem for my baby....It looks good now I know where to put it too.!!!

Nice car too, thats a nice blue.

16. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Nov 5 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]535067[/snapback]</div>
    The M got about 15mpg and 17 with a good tailwind

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyL @ Nov 5 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]535113[/snapback]</div>
    yah, the red one is the wife's car. We have had such good luck with it that we decided to go with another one.

The radar detector was made by one of the members on my350z.com. I will see if I can find his contact info. He makes them for everyone and I must say it works very well. I have a Valentine 1 on the holster, but I know that the Passport 8500 will work on there too. He may have made new molds to handle more detectors on the market now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Nov 6 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]535412[/snapback]</div>
    I am just a nerd that wants the interior to look more like mission control. But sometimes you get a good tailwind and the car scoots a bit faster..... B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mhawkin1 @ Nov 5 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]535197[/snapback]</div>
    thanks. My other Infiniti was this one...still miss it!

Attached Files:

17. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I'm really having difficulty figuring out what that is in the last picture!! I'm guessing a radar detector, but I can't tell where its mounted???

18. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Did the wife unit force you to sell your Infiniti's or was this decision made on your own?

19. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Nov 6 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]535608[/snapback]</div>
    I'm hoping and thinking it mounts to the rearview mirror mounting base and provides another mounting base for the rearview mirror. When I got my Valentine 1, I figured that would be the idea mounting solution such that the installation would be professional and non-invasive (no drilling holes, gluing things on, etc.), stable, and ideally located in a high position for best radar detection. Unfortunately, I was unable to find such a thing (they make everything nowadays, I would have thought someone would have thought the same thing and made one) and I had neither the skill nor time to try to make one myself.

20. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Nov 6 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]535608[/snapback]</div>
    yah, that is the radar detector. The mount is actually a 3 piece mount; one holds the detector itself and its bracket (right on top of the detector), the other two pieces clamp together around the mirror stem. It was in my M and the stem in the M was a bit smaller. A dremel tool took care of that and it fit perfectly on the Prius mirror stem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mhawkin1 @ Nov 6 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]535623[/snapback]</div>
    I sold the G because my commute turned into a lot of sitting in traffic instead of moving. It was a 6speed, so there was a lot of 1st gear, 2nd gear, back to 1st gear, etc. I finally got tired of that for an hour every day, so I sold it and got the M. We loved the M quite a bit, but the gas just got to be too much. It was about $50 every 3 days, so that got to the point of being ridiculous each month for gas. And every time I tried to take the Pruis, the wife said "no, I want to drive that today".

Also, we went to AAA based off of a recommendation on this site and the insurance cost was very good. It was the same price annually to cover both Prius' as to cover just the M with the same coverage.